Thursday 8 May 2008

Entent Cordial, bit like Ribena, but with more garlic.

Bonjour, Je ma'appelle le Laird du les heights du Dulwich Grande.
Mais oui, j'aime bien les Poisson Rouge, je deteste la musique folklorique.
Ou est la Marie du Creteil? Sous la fenetre.
Le gateaux mademoiselle, c'est combien?
Hmm Danone!

Ah, you've just caughtme in the middle of a French lesson. I think you'll agree I have a pretty good grasp of the basics and the phrases above will pretty much get you through most tricky gallic situations.
The reason for me brushing up on the old 'Franglais' is that I will once again be temporarilly leaving Greater Dulwich Heights and heading to the French conterpart, 'La vue du St Severin D'Estissac in the beautiful Dordogne region of SW France.
I know this will come as a disappointment to my fan, but have no fear I shall 'retour' (I'm good aren't I? Did you see what I did there, I cleverly replaced the word 'return' with it's French equivalent to continue the now flagging French theme).
Anywho, I will be back on Monday, so when I've got some time I can update you on some exciting stories and developements including:

Walworth Road Launderette sign REPAIR SHOCKA!
Spudniks
Cheesy Nik Naks
and a new up and coming feature 'ARGOS CATALOGUE ON TOP OF A BUS SHELTER WATCH 2008'. This is a replacement for the hugely popular 'BANANA ON TOP OF A BUS SHELTER 2006'
and
Ken Livingston and my part in his downfall.

For now Salut Maintenant and all that crazy French nonsence.

2 comments:

Doctor Pangloss said...

Wee wee Monsieur. Le chapeau blanc est sur ma tete. La belle et la bete est une film magnifique et Manon Des Sources aussi, as they say in Belmarsh.

And don't forget le singe est dans l'habre.

Paula H said...

Moi aussi, c'est tour de force, c'est incredible!!Une autre film magnifique est "Babettes Feast" - mais non?
Maitenenant, je suis tres fatigue et c'est temps pour getting my head down.
Wots all that about a monkey in the grass? Garfaith - vous etes le petit singe!!