Saturday 12 April 2008

The 'Twiglet' Zone

I had my 2nd session today of 'Hypnotism' to help me deal with, well, I suppose it's what's called 'life' really. Most people just get on with things and accept 'Horrors' as part of the Human condition. I read once that 'the human' was pre-programmed to 'struggle', that's our default setting, apparently.
That said I look at some people's existence and think, Damn, their life is horrendous, even the dearest of friends of mine who are going through really rough times (and it breaks my heart), just 'get on with it'!
I however am clearly programmed differently, I've always been a sensitive petal though as you'll probably gather. I live alone with a ghost cocker spaniel (I'd have it no other way, spare me your sympathy), just indulge me.
Anywho, without going into too much detail, (cos it's a blog for the future), I'm seeing a lovely Lady (no, not in that way) who's giving me a bit of support and guidance on how to meet the daily challenges of living in this wonderful, extraordinary, yet exasperating city.
I'm a control freak by nature, I like order, reason, logic, definition, and polished Terrazzo, so to find myself in an obscure part of South East London, alone with a New Yorker talking existentialism leaves me, at one and the same time baffled, but enjoying a rare 'frisson' of the unknown. The unknown is alien to the 'Laird of Greater Dulwich Heights', hitherto it's a World full of wickedness, contortion and the perverse.
Yet for once in my life I give in to the 'unfathomable', because for the first time in my adult life I realise I can't solve everything on my own, don't get me wrong, Cara, my spaniel friend is a font of knowledge, but to listen to her exclusively would be wrong, she's a dog and more so, she's no longer living.
So it's to Brockley I go. The anticipation I feel is a bit like as if I'm going to the dentist. We talk about my week, I rant as you'd expect, she nods reassuringly as if to say, "I think you're a froot loop, but I'll have fun sorting you out". The formalities out of the way and the process of 'so called' hypnotism beings. I'm not going to tell you what happens, all I can say is, something happens. I'm a sceptic, but open to new ideas, let's just leave it at that.
Anyway, the title of this blog entry is 'The Twiglet zone', for tis today I feel like I came close. The session I had today was all about relaxation, putting yourself, outside or perhaps inside yourself. I was very relaxed, but at one point, and I only realised once I'd come out of it, that I had completely switched off. It was remarkable. It was if I had seen what it was like to be in the deepest sleep, but observing from outside. I know that makes no sense, this is my blog, so deal with it! All I can say is that the place I visited today, the supposed 'Twiglet zone', was a perfect 50% grey and vertically rectangular!????? GO FIGURE! The 'thick' will no doubt 'plotten' over the next few weeks as I've been given 'homework'. Homework that I will enjoy as it places me back as an 8 year old. It's a time in my life when I worried terribly about the Amityville Horror, Nuclear armageddon, and building the prefect Lego city but was probably one of my happiest years.

1 comment:

Doctor Pangloss said...

That sounds like some seriously good karma sh*t.

I look forward to reading more about your Proustian experiences.

I'd like to be transported back to Friday as that's when I started building little boys' garden.